I Texted My Mother Apologies, Last Night



This illustration was originally done of Alyssa, a friend of mine whose writing is absolutely incredible. Entering autumn, I am experiencing a downfall of emotional turbulence. Although this particular doodle was completed in June of 2017, I think back to two years ago around this time, residing in a Residential College with three powerful women - Sydney, Alyssa, and Grayson. Realizing my own insecurities of which I have projected on those around me, I admit it was my own decision-making that led to my sense of lacking satisfaction in that dorm that had less to do with them than I felt and believed at the time. However, the four of us appeared to mistake the reality in that way, blaming one another for our struggles and loneliness. There is no going back on our decisions now. I can only hope to forgive myself so as to reconstruct the broken ties, even if only one-sided. I am confident that I am, and was even then, doing my best. I know I tried as hard as I could to maintain stability within myself as well as without.

Have you all, also, reflected upon this? Have you determined self-assurance in order to continue moving forward with absolute stubbornness? To utilize that tunnel vision and apply it to improving your circumstances? And with organizational skills, you are able to take advantage of said improved environment to further spread your peace, love, and positivity?

We can only try.

What is art but expression? What is expression but existence?
ABSGELLER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Zidek, Chemistry King

Casual Collabs with Cristián